Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Gretel'd

Over the summer, in one of our many yarn buying bouts, I ordered some yarn to make Ysolda's Gretel. Finally, at the end of this term, I got around to casting it on. I started the project during my finals period which was actually a huge mistake -- all I wanted to do was knit on Gretel, not study. Once I got home, I finished it up. Sadly, it's my only completed project from the term. There was a mitten disaster, the completion of one sock, and one evening of half-hearted work on the vest. Clearly, one of my New Year's resolutions should be to knit more at school. But without further ado, here are the specs of my tweedy Gretel.

Pattern: Gretel by Ysolda Teague (and on ravelry)
Size: Regular Tam
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Donegal Luxury Tweed in 09
Needles: Addis in sizes 6 (for ribbing) and 8 and Knit Picks Options in the same sizes for the smaller bits
Start date: 21 Nov 2008
Finish Date: 27 Nov 2008

I loved loved loved this yarn. I wish I had enough extra cash to buy enough of it for a sweater -- but that probably won't be happening anytime soon. It was really a pleasure to work with. I also thought the pattern was extremely clear. It was my first time knitting from a Ysolda pattern, but there are sooo many things of hers I want to make. Slouchy hats in general are just so fun to make (which I guess is why they're popping up everywhere), and even though I'm not sure if they look the best with shorter hair, I still think this hat is adorable and hopefully will get lots of wear out of it back in MN.

Gift knitting and further work on mitts happening this evening. Hopefully will have some more finished objects soon!


No comments: