Thursday, July 24, 2008

August(a) in July

So, it's been an embarrassingly long time since the last post here at knit two together. And I could make lots of excuses, but that involves stolen computers, broken cameras and just general summer madness to really go into. However, some knitting has definitely been going on! Right now, Mom and I are working on one of the cutest pairs of socks I've seen ... Through the Loops' Augusta (rav link here).

This is our first time knitting with Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock, and we both love it -- we've already bought more to make some striped socks. I love the unexpected color combo of Augusta and the simple lace pattern (which isn't super visible in the picture). We've both finished the first sock and are well on our way on the second ... maybe we'll even finish up this weekend.

Sock fever has hit our house. Mom and I had never done much sock knitting, and now we've become quite obsessed. And here's the sock that started it all (at least for me) ...

The London Sock (loosely based on this)
Yarn: Colinette Jitterbug in Wasabi Squeeze
Needles: 2 Addi circs size #2

So, as you might guess from their name, these were made during my time in London ... I actually finished them up to calm me down after my computer was stolen from my hostel (knitting really has an amazing ability to calm, no?).

I tried to follow Black Dog Designs Picot Eyelet Sock (but left out the eyelet obviously ...) It wasn't the best first time sock pattern just because it assumed you'd made socks before, but it was a great learning experience. They're by no means perfect ... I definitely need some gusset practice ... but they're my first pair and I love them!

There's been more knitting than that going on this summer, but where's the fun in revealing it all at once? So for now, happy summer sock knitting!




No comments: