Saturday, February 23, 2008

Hope Spring's Eternal


The yarn pictured above just came in the mail today, and Mom shot some pictures for me to share. It's the yarn for Zephyr Style's Ms. Marigold, one of of two Zephyr Style projects we are going to try to complete while I'm home on Spring Break. I'd really like to get them done so I can wear them out and about while I'm studying abroad in London! I think it's both mine and Mom's first time knitting a Zephyr Style creation, and I for one am really excited. They have so many cool projects (the Tree Jacket AND 28Thirty come to mind as projects I would REALLY like to make for next fall) and, just from glancing at the patterns for Marigold and Juliet, I like their handy tips for customizing your knits. For Ms. Marigold, we are using the Knit Picks yarn that the pattern calls for -- Elegance, a wool/alpaca blend. I'm knitting it in Daisy, which is actually the color the sweater is pictured in. Mom is using Ash, a lovely light gray.

The second sweater we are going to try to make is Juliet. We first saw the sweater made up on {six one seven}'s blog before she was {six one seven}. That was followed by discovering it also on Wendy Bernad's blog in her winning finished objects album. After seeing both of theirs knit up, we knew we had to make it. We hunted around a bit and decided on using Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Chunky in 025, a sky blue for me and Mom's knitting it in 028, a medium green.

So get excited for spring! Maybe later in the week I'll have an update on the body for my Wear Everywhere Pullover, or maybe Mom will finish off her Boy's Garter Stitch crew neck. Happy knitting!

No comments: